– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Women's Platform Wedge Ankle Boots Hidden High Heels 13CM Trainers Lace-up Boots High Heel Black Boots Knit Boots SizeCole Haan Deandra Flat.San.II Women US 5.5 Brown Slingback SandalAngelliu Women's Sandals Hollow Out Jelly shoes Beach Summer Loafers FlatsSaborz Stretch Suede Women Thigh High Boots Stilettos Over The Knee Boots Pointy Toe High Heel Long Zipper Boots
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Kyle Walsh Pa Women Flat shoes Casual Autumn Spring Pointed Toe Fashion New Plus Size shoes
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Dr. Scholl's Womens Rate Boot
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
York Zhu Women Boots - Lace Up Faux Leather Women Combat Booties MotorcycleZarbrina Womens Chunky Heel Platform Ankle Boots Fashion Round Toe Rubber Sole Lace Up Slip On Buckle Strap Winter Warm Martin shoesCYBLING Women's Lace up High Heels Platform Wedges Fashion Sneakers Increased Within Walking shoesCYBLING Casual Women's Low Platform Slip On Hidden Heel Wedge Sneakers
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Dr. Scholl's shoes Women's Patch BootsKEEN Womens Dauntless Flip Hiking shoesLady shoes Women Flat Water Repellent Winter Boots with Short Boots Soft and Comfortable Pair shoes Keep Warm Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality for Womens
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Bernie Mev Womens Kendra Fabric Round Toe Mary Jane FlatsRieker 65505-42 grey (Grey) Womens SandalsWomen Summer Slippers High Heels shoes Woman PVC Transparent Wedge Women shoes Slippers Open Toe shoes
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Steve Madden Womens Jordan Leather Studded Loafers? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Hoxekle Women Winter Snow Boot Winter Warm Plush Fur Long Boot Round Toe Lace Up Rivet Casual Outdoor shoesForever Link Women's Buckle Stacked Chunky Heel Almond Toe BootieGOBY Womens shoes Heart 7 Face Design Ankle Boots HP217
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
AdeeSu Ladies Chunky Heels Buckle Platform Imitated Leather BootsJellypop Macky Womens Wedge SandalsAdeeSu Womens Square Heels Heighten Inside Platform Frosted Boots