– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
NOMIMAS Women's Block Mid-Calf Boots Fashion Pointed Toe High Heels Zip Simple Autumn Winter Popular shoesRieker Womens shoes 43706-33 pinkMEbox Girls Casual Adjustable Back Strap Footbed Sandals SlippersUnm Women Fashion High Heels Sandals
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Miyoopark Women's Knot Slip-on Leather Dress Loafers Casual Flats
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Soda Allure-s Women's Fashion Double Buckles Chunky Heel Open Toe Bootie Sandal shoes
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Soft Material Assorted color Elastic Open-Toe Sandals7cm Wedge Heel Slingbacks Sandals Dress shoes Women Pump Open Toe D'Orsay Thick-Soled Platform shoes Pearl Rhinestone Rope Deco Casual Court shoes EU Size 34-39Ipanema Womens Posto Sandals 82199Unisex Cozy Quilted Down Thermal Winter Warm Slippers Lightweight Slip-on Indoor Mid Bootie shoes Short Ankle Snow Boots Anti Slip Home House Hotel Bedroom Mules Slippers Slides Footwear Xmas Gift
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Leopard High Heel Suede Women's High Heel Sexy Fish Mouth Buckle Sandals (color Leopard Print, Size 7 US)Btrada Women Platform Wedge Sandals Summer Open Toe Cross High Heels Sandals Bohemian Style Ladies shoesAldo Womens Kerrama Heeled Sandal
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
VFDB Women's Elastic Flat Sandals Open Toe Ankle Strap Summer shoes for WomenKensie Womens Maelle Flat SandalKaloosh Women's Mature Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heels Court shoes Party Night Office Pumps
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens CLIO-L Ankle Boot? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Women High Heels Wedges Sneakers Mesh Breathable Tennis Walking Sneaker Fashion Platform Toning Rocker shoesRieker Women Flat Slipper Black, (black) 59766-00Elsa Wilcox Women Buckled Straps Side Zipper Round Toe Riding Snow Boots Winter Faux Fur Combat Waterproof Boots
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Rieker Women’s N5653 Slip on TrainersRefresh Ongee-05 Women Strappy Buckle Cage Knee High Boot Flat Gladiator SandalSteve Madden Women's Frieda Ankle Strap Sandal