– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Bettye Muller Womens BMB-Moon Dress PumpSuperga Womens 2750 Puprintw SneakerRoxy Womens Emery Boot Combat BootThe Flexx Women's Tortuga Slipper
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Arider Bull-3 Mens High-Top Lace Up Side Zipper Ankle Booties Casual shoes
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Bearpaw Women's Emma Short Boot
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Avec Les Filles Womens Myrina Ballet FlatCaparros Womens Heather Satin Embellished Evening SandalsBlack Fumak Handmade Women's Winter Boots Women Real Fur Winter shoes Woman Genuine Leather Warm Ankle Snow Boots women ChaussureAir Jordan CP3.VII - FOOTWEAR MEN'S FOOTWEAR MEN'S BASKETBALL shoes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
CONVERSE WOMENS WORK 8 FOOT FORCE - FOOTWEAR WOMEN'S FOOTWEAR WOMEN'S WORKStudent colorful Luminous shoes Breathable Night Running shoes Ghost Dance shoes USB Rechargeable Light Board shoes Sweat Comfort (color A, Size 45EU)JUMP NEWYORK Bloke-Low Low Top Sneaker
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
TNF M ONE Trail - Footwear Men's Footwear Men's Hiking Boots shoesSanuk Men's Casa TX Loafers shoesECCO shoes Men's Soft 7 Perf Low Lace up shoes, Moonrock, 43 EU 9-9.5 M US
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Running-sun Women Sandals Genuine Leather Open Toe 9Cm Strange Fretwork High Heel Summer Wedge Sandals? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Cognati Vero Cuoio Vitello blackAdidas Men's Ultraboost Uncaged Running shoes Grey Size 12.5 M USCofra 82020-CU0.W14 New Asphalt EH PR Safety Boots, 14, Black
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Magnum Mens Stealth - Footwear Men's Footwear Men's Work Boots shoesDesi Hangover Genuine Premium Leather Handmade Mens Casual shoes Slip-on Loafers Titan Brown shoes,Nike Men's Kobe AD PE Multicolor Multicolor Basketball shoes 10 Men US