– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
UB-SOULSFENG colorful Painting Athletic Sports Running shoes Cushioning Outdoor Sports Mesh Breathable Slow SneakersShellys London Womens Dara Platform PumpBugatti city denim Damen-Schnürer blue (5)ECCO Womens Touch 25 Hooded Wedge Sandal
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Reebok Floatride Run Ultraknit shoes Women's Running
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Derek Lam 10 Crosby Women's Jared Slip On Haircalf Sneakers
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
BIOTIME - Nathalie Chocolate 9 (US Women Size)Orthaheel Women's Vionic, Pacific Capitola Thong Style SandalsCamper Women's Balloon Cross SandalEllie 557-NURSE 5.5 Heel Ankle Nurse Boot with Inner Zipper
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
FOOTSELF DUNION Women's Bess Comfortable Zip Closure Tassel Chunky Heel Ankle Casual BootiesNike Womens Blazer high LTHR hi top Trainers 615898 Sneakers shoesNew Balance Womens Cush + 811v2 Training shoes Cross-Trainer shoes
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Only Maker Round Toe Side Zipper High Chunky Heel Ankle Boots colorfulPleaser Womens Ado3019 bpu m BootClarks Women's Petrina Abby Wedge Sandal
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Driver Club USA Women's Genuine Leather Made in Brazil Maple Ave Loafers? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
David Tate Womens Lola 212 Leather Square Toe Casual Mule SandalsNike Women's Mini Sneaker Lace Print Casual shoesAzura by Spring Step Women's Addax Moccasin
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Women's Outdoor Hiking shoes, Mountain Camping Outdoor Sports shoes Couple Non-Slip Wear Hiking shoes High-top Hiking shoes Mountain Climbing shoesFly Soft Alaska Women Casual Buckle Thong Strap Sandals Flip Flop Platform Footbed Trends shoesAdult Padded Lyrical Half Sole,DPP