– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Lacoste Fraisier 118 2 U Slide SandalCOVOYYAR Women's Solid Square Toe Flats Low Thick Heel Slip On shoes OxfordsXjizm Women Wedges High Heels Platform shoes Trainers Elevator High Heels CanvasBalaMasa Womens Bows Solid Casual Urethane Pumps shoes APL10488
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Wedding shoes Luxury Crystal Women Pumps High Heels 10Cm Ankle Strap Mary Janes Ol shoes Woman Pointed Toe Ladies
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Ryka Women's Stance Walking shoes
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Delicious Women's Mally Wide Strap Ankle Strap Studded Chunky High Heel, Black, 6 M US1TO9 Girls Open-Toe Lace-Up High-Heels Red Soft Material Sandals - 7 B(M) USJessica Simpson Womens Cerrina Ankle BootWirksep Funny Green Christmas Cartoon Womens Fashion Lightweight Athletic shoes Sneakers Shock Absorbing
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Melady Women Fashion Martin Boots High Heels ZipperReebok Womens Reago Essential Fitness & Cross TrainingAicciAizzi Women Wedge Heel Over The Knee Boots
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
KemeKiss Women Fashion Wedges PumpsJamron Women Elegant Pointed-Toe Stiletto Pumps Newly Autumn High Heel Velvet & Leather Slip On BootiesFranco Sarto Womens Alyssa Dress Sandal
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Haiilong Women's Platform Sandals Canvas Wedge Ankle Strap Studded Open Toe Sandals 2019 Summer Sandals? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
BADIER Women Mesh Summer Breathable Slippers Beach Garden Clog Sandals Shower Footwear Water shoes Walking Anti-Slip shoesAicciAizzi Women Fashion Bootie Slip-On Monk-StrapKemeKiss Women Fashion Autumn Boots Pull On
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Giani Bernini Womens Mauwe Closed Toe LoafersAmerican Rag Abby Bootie WomenKaloosh Women's Beautiful Pointed Toe Thin Heel Classy Court shoes Party Dress Pumps