– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Ladola Womens Chunky Heels Buckle Peep-Toe Suede SandalsSeven Dials Mallori Winter Ankle Booties, Natural, 6 USWeiPoot Womens Round Closed Toe High Heels PU Solid Boots with Studded Rivet and PlatformMs. Summer high-Heeled Sandals Thick with Fish Mouth high-Larger Number Night Sandals
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
DecoStain Women's Cross Chain Type Ankle High Zipper Booties
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Men Women Low Cut Casual Sneaker Maple Leaf Trainers
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Pointed Toe Transparent Block Stain Yellow Pumps Escarpins Women Fall Spring Elegant Lady Office Party shoesMeeshine Womens Boots Leather Suede Low Heel Zipper Ankle BootieSkechers Womens Microburst Dearest SneakerSkechers Womens Reggae - Sew What - Boho Woven Strappy Slingback Sandal
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
HUYP Personality Fashion Flip-flops Men and Women Couples Beach shoes Home Sandals (Size 10 US)SHANGXIAN Women Sandals Summer Flip Flop Beach Clip Toe Flat shoes , bluee , 35MINIVOG Wingtips Platform Height Increasing Womens Oxford shoes
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Vimedea Womens Kitten Heel Peep Toe Practice Latin Tango Ballroom Dance shoes LD0104Bella Marie Women's Floral Rhinestone Beaded Slip on Ballet FlatSkechers Womens Hi-Lite - Metallic Toe and Tongue Sneaker
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Auditions Sparkle Women W Open Toe Leather Slides Sandal? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Hanglin Trade Woman Sexy Pumps High Heels shoes Platform Pumps Stiletto Female shoesFashion Winter Thick Heel Women ankle Boots,PU Leather Round Toe Thick Platform Side Zip Women shoesKyle Walsh Pa Women's Fashionable Flats British Style Pointed Toe Ladies Elegant Moccasins
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Sunny Day Autumn and Winter New Water Mink Thick Heel shoes Shallow Mouth Fur shoesBioNatura 11THESISblack Glitter Ciabatte con Glitter WomanJBU by Jambu Women's Wildflower Too Mary Jane Flat