– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Womens High Heel Platform Ankle Strap Ladies Embroidery Party Wedding Prom Sandals shoes Size,Silver-EU 37=6.5B(M) USLed Light Up shoes for Womens Kids Flashing SneakersStyle & Co Keppur Riding BootsShellys London Womens HUGSY Fashion Boot
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
LifeStride Womens Magda Dress Sandal
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
David Tate Women's Gaze Ankle Strap Sandal
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
MUMUWU Sandals Unisex Clogs Mules Anti-Slip Breathable Summer Slippers Outdoor Beach Shower LightweightColmkley Fashion Women's Leopard Over the Knee Boots Scrub Slope Long Tube shoesMen Women Low Top Gym Sneaker Music Note TrainersAmoonyFashion Women's Patent Leather Spikes Stilettos Pointed Closed Toe Pull On Pumps-shoes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Demonia Womens Funn30 Bvl SandalAGOWOO Women's Open Toe Ankle Strap Beach Hiking SandalsS-3 Women's Floral Print Mesh Athletic Fashion Sneaker
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Bettie Page Womens's BP304-Barnett Dress SandalDaniel Green Womens Holland Scuff SlipperVimedea LD0118 Sexy Peep Toe Body Accross Dance shoes Latin Tango Cha-Cha Swing Ballroom Party Wedding Rubber Sudue Sole Kitten Heel Satin Dance Practice Professional shoes for Indoor Outdoor
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Meiguiyuan Size 33-42 Office Lady Flats Sandals Solid color Zipper Flats Sandals Summer Holiday shoes? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
VFDB Women Winter Botton Snow Ankle Boots Fur Warm Platform Slip On BootiesHanglin Trade Woman High Heels Women shoes Pumps Stilettos shoes for Women High Heels Wedding shoesHanglin Trade High Heels, Women's Pointed Toe High Heel Slip On Stiletto Pumps Evening Party Basic shoes Plus Size
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
CC-US Portable & Foldable Foot Massage Slippers Non-Slip Flip-Flops Bathroom Shower Sandals for Travel BeachGo Tour Women's Quick-Dry Slip on Water shoes Leisure Outdoor Lightweight Walking shoesFOR U DESIGNS Mesh Breathable Wedge shoes Women Girls Thick Heel Toning Sneakers Walking Platform Cool Skulls Pattern