– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Adee Ladies Sweety Polyurethane Pumps shoesMomo&Ayat Fashions Ladies Distressed Denim Block Heel Sandals CA Size 5-10 1 2T-JULY Women Flat shoes Cuts Out Flower Loafers Moccasin Female Espadrilles Platform Summer Casual Leisure shoes FootwearMaxstar Fluorescent color Low-top Platform Canvas Sneakers shoes
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Teva Women's Universal Slide Leather Sandal
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
GAOPF Women Air Cushion Sports Casual shoes Mesh Sneakers Traning Running shoes
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Plus Size 42 Women Sandals Rhinestone Flip Flops Comfort Flat Sandals Beach shoesHeart Soul Women's Cheyenne Thong SandalNutsima Women Thick High Heel shoes Women Patchwork Bowknot Heart Buckle Heels Pumps Ladies Office FootwearVictoria's Secret Pink Grey Faux Fur Crisscross Slides- Medium (7-8)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
MEIZOKEN Womens Flatform Sandals Crisscross Open Toe Ankle Buckle Slingback Summer SandalsPleaser Womens Amu20 Hp Slide PumpKenneth Cole REACTION Womens Mass-TER Mind Open Toe Heeled Mule Heeled Sandal
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Artfaerie Womens T Strap Pump Stiletto High Heel Pointed Toe T Bar Court shoesAdeeSu Womens Cold Lining Water_Resistant Soft-Toe Urethane Sandals SLC03766AdeeSu Womens Bows Structured Solid Urethane Pumps shoes SDC05954
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | MUK LUKS Womens Women's Erin Sport shoes-pink Sport Sandal? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
ECOLAQ& High Heels Sandals Women Buckle Back Strap Sexy Peep Toe Square Heels Footwear Rome Summer Fashion Ladies shoes Big Size Apricot 9.5Pit4tk Canvas shoes Woman Height Increasing Casual shoes Wedge Platform shoes Sneakers shoes CasualBelieved Women Sneakers Wedges Female Summer Flats Casual Platform Leather shoes Woman
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Ladola Womens Chunky Heels Buckle Peep-Toe Suede SandalsAmoonyFashion Womens Closed Round Toe PU Soft Material PU Solid Boots with Metalornament and Hollow Out, orange, 7.5 B(M) USSummer high-Heeled shoes with Fashionable and Elegant Temperament, Ladies' Sandals