– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
SF Link Karra-29 Women's Classic Glitter Slip On Ballet Flat shoesHoxekle Woman's Summer Platform Sneakers Wedges Creepers Lace Up Trainers Star Basket Female Fashion Ourdoor shoesEasy Spirit Women's Calasee PumpHavaianas Women's Origine Sneaker Iii Espadrille Black
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Btrada Women Beach Slippers Summer Flip Flops Slides Mules Sea Clogs Flats Sandal Platform Casual shoes
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
K-Swiss Women's Court Casper SDE Trainers
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Eastland Womens Faye Slide SandalMarwar Women Crossbody Leather Bag Big Women Shoulder Bags Luxury Women Messenger BagsCYBLING Increased Height Wedge Sneaker for Women Casual Hidden High Heel Platform Loafers shoesMonie Women's Heart-shaped Buckle Prom Dress Peep Toe Pumps
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
JFBZS-sandals Women's Slippers Summer New Korean Cross-Twisted Belt Hundred Sets of Pure-color Thick-Soled Women's SlippersCobb Hill Women's Ireland CH Enclosed Dress SandalK-Swiss Womens Aero Trainer SDE Sneaker
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Clarks Women's Everlay Romy LoaferWomen's Sexy Pointed Toe Stiletto Kitten Heel Ankle Booties Side Zipper Thin Mid-Heel Short BootsCERLYRUAN Dachshund Pattern Mesh Cloth Breathable Woven Leather Insole Running shoes for Women
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | OGFJAL Women Funny Green Frog Sipping Tea Comfortable Suede Casual Sneakers shoes? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Women booties suede with low heel boots square head retro non-slip student ankle boots,Black,35EUWinter High Heels Over Knee Boots Women shoes Patent Leather Sexy Boots Pointed Toe Fashion Snow BootClarks Womens Step Move Fly Sneaker
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Nine West Women's Frostbite Suede Heeled SandalAmoonyFashion Women's Round-Toe Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Boots with Heighten IncreasingAmoonyFashion Women's Buckle Split Toe No Heel Solid Sandals