– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Set adil Womens Sneakers Fashion Chunky Trendy Dad Sneaker Trainers Lifted Wedge Comfortable Retro Platform Basket Block shoesCASSOCK Ladies Patent Leather shoes High Heel Cap-Toe Simple Fashion Prom PumpsWeenFashion Womens Open Peep Toe High Heel Cow Leather Solid Sandals with Zipper and Glass Diamond, Black, 4.5 B(M) USA Bidda Bling High Ivory Wedge Bridal Flip Flop Sandals with Rhinestone Starfish
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
J. shoes Women's Rio Platform Sandal
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Annie shoes Women's Krit II Boot
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Vimedea Womens Comfort Chunky Heel Latin Jazz Ballroom Salsa Practice Dance shoes 506Lusam feeling Women's Side Zip High Heel Ankle Booties shoes RedDrew Toby Women Pumps Shallow Mouth Pointed Toe Sequin Sexy Nightclub Fashion High HeelsSUNNY Store Women Denim Ankle Flat Boots Zipper Winter Warm Snow Round Toe Thick shoes(bluee-8 M US)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
shoesmaker's heart Single Pointed shoes Pop Sequins Heels Heels Heels Single shoes SpringAllhqFashion Women's Buckle High-Heels PU Solid Low-Top BootsSTEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Keats Sneaker
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Dear Time Women Winter Snow Boots Fur Lined Warm Flat Platform Sneaker shoes PlusA-LING Women's Genuine Leather Side Zipper Martin Boot Round Head Ankle shoesA&N Girls Stiletto Platform Spun gold Bowknot Imitated Leather Boots
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Weiwei Women's High Heel Sandals & Slippers, Wedge Heels Increase Thickness Matte Sandals in Summer? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
TRUEHAN Womens Memory Foam House Slippers Warm Soft Sole Anti-Slip Slippers Indoor shoesARCLIBER Adults Black Leather Jazz Dance shoes 4.5M USCambridge Select Women's Round Toe Caged Cutout Bird's Nest Slip-On Jelly Ballet Flat
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Women's shoes Knit Spring Fall Comfort Sneakers Wedge Heel Black RedTHE NORTH FACE Base Camp Slide II Women TNF Black TNF Black (NF0A3K4B)Aerosoles Womens Street Smart Boot