– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
UIN Women's Be Together Painted Travel Canvas shoes YellowRieker Women's N48g1 Trainers, Multicoloured, 4 UKSeaVees Womens Women's Legend Sneaker Standard SneakerWomen's Slippers Rhinestone Leather High-Heeled Sandals Non-Slip Thick with Crystal Fashion wear a Word Slippers Summer New
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Aerosoles Womens Chlear Sailing Flip Flop
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
MEIZOKEN Women's Chunky Platform Casual Sport Sandals Double Buckle Beach Walking Sneakers
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Jim Hugh Women Mid Calf Autumn Boot Round Toe Lace Up Low Heel Cross Tied Pu Leather Waterproof Winter BootsKensie Womens Tayson Tall BootsWild Diva Women's Fashion High Heel Sandal Ankle Strap SandalLusam feeling Women's Lightweight Breathable Casual Sports shoes Fashion High Sneakers Walking shoes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Liliana CD76 Women Patent Leatherette Pointy Toe Mary Jane D'Orsay Flat - CoralPleaser SED3 S PU BootOCHENTA Women's Closed Toe Slip On Velvet Ballet Flat shoes with Crystal Metal Buckle
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Fay Waters Womens Ballet Flats Fashion Mixed colors Patchwork Loafers Moccasins Casual Ballerina shoesSANOMY Women Winter Ankle Boots Warm Fashion Zipper lace-up Casual Flat Heel BootiesSANOMY Women Winter Snow Boots Waterproof Platform Wedge Heels PU Leather Warm Plush Ankle Booties
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Pleaser Womens STDUS708T C PP-C Platform Dress Sandal? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
T-JULY Loafers shoes for Women - Fashion Flowers Slip On Low-Heel Pointed Toe Casual PennyT-JULY Summer Women's Slides Sandals Cutout Leather Wedges Platform Slippers White Nurse shoesWomen Suede Martin Boots 2018 Autumn Winter New Low-Heel Zipper Knight Boots Size 33-43 Ankle Boots
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Hey Dude Women's Jenny Washed SneakersColumbia Women's Seneca Lake Sandal Athletic shoes Black CharcoalFheaven (TM) Womens Rider Fashion Boots Leather Lace up Boots Middle Calf Boots Flat shoes Yellow