– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Skechers Womens Vaso Fashion SneakerTed Baker Kiing Mens Sneakers TanClarks Women's Un bluesh Lo Black Interest Nubuck 7 D USGeox Womens Leelyan 8 Boat shoes Loafer Boat shoes
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Men's Winter Casual High-top shoes Tooling shoes Men's Leather Hiking Casual Martin Boots Men's Casual shoes Outdoor shoes (color Black, Size 9 US)
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Hush Puppies Men's Gresham Roadcrew Chukka Boot
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Men's shoes Strong Anti-Skid Safety Work Boots Suede Tie Low Toe Round Toe shoes shoes (color Black, Size 10 D(M) US)Bernie Mev Womens Bonnie Pumps shoesIrregular Choice Womens Palm Cove Silver Wedding Bridal shoes SizeBernie Mev Women's, Daphne Lace up shoes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Beast Fashion Faith-01 Canvas Peep Toe Slingback Chunky Mule Heel SandalErmonn Womens Lace Up Wedge Sandals Espadrille Peep Toe Tie Up Strappy Mid Heel Braided SandalsTaos Footwear Women's Eleanor Sandal
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Adidas Womens Stan Smith Leather TrainersModern Fantasy Mens Black shoes Leather Fur Trekking Soft Toe BootENVAL SOFT men's lace-up shoes 3231444 BEIGE
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Sol Sana Womens Marc Mule? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Nine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Basic Handmade Cute Classy Ankle BootsDSFGHE Men and Women Fashion Sports shoes High to Help Casual Running Hiking shoes Creative color Walking shoesA X Armani Exchange Mens Lowtop Athletic Sneaker with Mesh Detail Sneaker
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Totes Toasties Womens Memory Foam Knitted Bootie with Pom Poms Grey WhiteWomen's Martin Boots Leather Thick Heel Round Head Boots mid up Heel Side Zipper Metal Buckle Decorative Retro Single BootsHoxekle Women Over The Knee Boots Buckle Rivet Low Square Antislip Heel Zipper Winter Female Sexy Party Long Boots