– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Roper Womens Texas Beauty Ankle BootieNike Womens Lunarcharge Premium Iced purplec US Women Size 6Adtec 6 Work Men's Boot 11.5 D(M) US BrownEasy Spirit Women's Delcine Light orange Leather 7.5 W US
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Nine Seven Women's Suede Leather Round Toe Chunky Heel Handmade Glossy and Comfortable Ankle Boots
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
WANGXIAOLIN European And American Sexy Fine With High-heeled Sandals Waterproof Platform Diamond Fish Sandals ( color Black , Size 35 )
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Nerefy 2018 Women Sneakers shoes Women Flats with Genuine Leather Fashion Lace-up Brand LuxurySneakers HAIZHEN, Men's, Student Running shoes, Casual Air Cushion shoes, Breathable Thick Summer shoesBar III Womens Marli Fabric Open Toe Casual Ankle Strap Sandals, Taupe, Size 6.5Dr. Scholl's shoes Mens Cortona Slip-On Loafer
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Thin High Heels Open Toe Sexy Party Spring Summer shoes Woman Black Beige High Heeled SandalsDrew shoes Men's Surge Athletic Walking shoesSexy Sandal High Heels Women shoes Mixed colors gold Females Party shoes
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Aetrex Women's Maureen Quarter Strap Sandal BlackOfficial Jack and Jones Jamie PU Combo Trainers Mens Athleisure Footwear shoes SneakersNine Seven Genuine Leather Women's Square Toe Chunky Heel Bowknot Handmade Trendy Cute Mid Calf Boots
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Ed Ellen Degeneres Womens Caspin? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Strive Footwear Java Stylish Orthotic Sandal (7.5-8 B(M), Pewter)ECCO Womens Damara Sp Gladiator SandalGabor Women's Fashion Low-Top Sneakers, Beige
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Nike - Magista Onda II ICWomen's Stiletto shoes Winter High Heels Sexy Leather Ankle Boots European Pointed Platform Boots Wedding Party & Evening Dress shoes,Black,39Leather Men's shoes Set Foot shoes Men's Peas shoes Casual shoes (color White, Size 42)