– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
CATESBY SHOEMAKERS ROXTON Mens Leather Brogue Derby Boots TanGeox Men's U Ailand a Low-Top SneakersBase London Treble Men's Leather Moccasins shoes Crazy BrownDjinns Men Sneakers Chunk Spotted Edge
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
ASICS Hyper LD 5 Running shoes Flash Yellow Silve
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Saucony Grid Excursion Tr9 Men's Running shoes
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Skechers Mens Elite Flex Falconholt Elite Flex FalconholtLe Coq Sportif Gaspar Leather Low-153, Men's Low-Top SneakersLe Coq Sportif Men's Alpha Craft Dress bluee Brown Sugar TrainersASICS Hyper MD 6 Running Spikes - SS18
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Steve Madden Men's Harpoon1 OxfordAdidas Men's Gazelle Bd7479 Gymnastics shoesAdidas Barricade Classic Wide 4E Tennis shoes
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Mens loafers Flats Black Brown Slip-on Loafers shoes For Men Genuine Leather Comfortable Breathable Classic Business Casual Dress Wedding Fashion Loafers Anti-slip Flat Round Toe Slip-onScholl - Bimini 2.0 708361 - Pale PinkNike Men's Luarestoa 2 Essential Running shoes
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | DC shoes Kalis Lite - shoes for Men - shoes - Men - EU 42 - White? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Columbia Men's Bahama Vent Relaxed PFG Boat shoesReebok Unisex Adults' Club C 85 Gymnastics shoesNew Balance 4030, Men's Cricket shoes
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Skechers Men's Delson- Romen TrainersNike Men's Train Prime Iron Df Fitness shoesDickies Men's Solo Soft Toe-M