– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Adidas Men's Duramo 7 M Running shoesFuxitoggo Mens Leather Sandals Closed Fashion Sweat Absorbent Breathable Cool Beach shoes Summer Outdoor Hiking and Hiking Anti Collision Casual Sandals (color One, Size 40) (color B, Size 41)Callaghan 11300 Mocassins Man Brown 41Converse Unisex Adults’ 141602CS High Trainers
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski Slip Men's shoes - 833564
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Pepe Jeans Tinker Running, Men’s Hi-Top
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
AKU Adults' Bellamont Ii Fg GTX Low Rise Hiking BootsXue Men's Basketball shoes,Low-Top Sneakers,Mesh Breathable Athletic shoes,Non-Slip Wear Running shoes,Lightweight Lace-Up shoes,A,41Outdoor shoes Men's Winter Plus Warm Cotton shoes Snow Boots Short Tube Zipper Martin Boots BlackAdidas FilthyQuick Mid Men's Football Cleats
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Compass 360 Stillwater II Cleated Wading shoesSteve Madden Madden Men's Desk 6Fila Disrupter II Premium Womens Running Trainers 5Fm00104 Sneakers shoes
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
New Men's Driving Penny Loafers Patch Vamp Slip-on Casual Boat Moccasins Soft Rubber SoleSlipper J,Bradford Green Leather JB-TroyFuweiEncore shoes, 2018 Men's Slipper Flat, Flat Heel Moccasins Cowhide Vamp Flat Heel Slip shoes, Cowhide, Black, 43.5 (color Black, Size 10 uk)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | ASICS shoes Gel Lyte Hikari? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Men’s Trekking shoes Men Lightweight Walking shoes Leather Trekking Camouflage shoes Field Outdoor Military shoes BreathableDSFGHE Men's Leather Walking shoes Summer Lace-up shoes Low Toe Round Flat shoes Rubber Non-Slip Breathable shoesBase London Men's Shilling Derbys
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Nike Primo Court Leather - 644826010 - color Grey-Beige-White - Size 10.0ENVAL SOFT 58821 00 man low sneakersDr. Brinkmann Men's Herren Pantolette Clogs Grey Grey