– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Polo Ralph Lauren Men's BarronAzooken Mens Lightweight Air Cushion Running shoes Fashion Walking shoes Athletic Tennis Sport Sneakers for WomensWetkiss 2018 Fashion Crystal Over The Knee Boots Zip Thick Heels Lycra Thigh high Boots Women shoes Party Autumn Winter BootSkechers Work Workshire Tydfil ST Steel Toe Mens Oxfords
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Melissa Women's Puzzle Peep Toe Flats Black
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
INMONARCH Mens bluee Brocade Designer Wedding shoes MJ0104
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
A-BUYBEA Women's Treaded Sole Tassels Pom-poms Flats Warm Fur Loafer shoesLadola Womens Slip-Resistant Platform Zipper Lace Urethane BootsKodiak Mens Thane Hiking BootLacoste Women's Straightset Bl 2 Sneaker
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Fila Mens Memory Meiera 2 Slip Resistant Composite Toe Trail Running shoes Food Service shoesBalaMasa Womens Fringed Ankle-High Chunky Heels Urethane Boots ABL10651Women's Roman shoes Heeled Sandals Block Wedges Summer Dress shoes Peep Toe Ankle Buckle Design
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Skechers Womens Flex Appeal 3.0-Goal Getter SneakersTop Moda Womens Page-65 Knee High Round Toe Lace-Up Slouched High Heel BootsAandN Womens Boots High-Top Zip Low-Heel Solid Warm Lining Rubber Waterproof Road Smooth Leather Manmade Firm-Ground Slouch Urethane Boots DKU01899
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Clarks Women's Parram Stella Flat Sandals? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
ASICS Women's Roadhawk Ff 2 Running shoes 1012A123Baretraps Womens Addye Snow BootPropet Men's Life Walker Strap Sneaker
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Clarks Womens Lynette Trudie Platform & Wedge SandalsMONOBLANKS Women Leopard Boots with Tassel,Women Fashion Casual Short BootsFlorsheim Mens Navigator Plain Toe Oxford Oxford