– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
International Concepts Women's Jenna PumpQuiksilver Men's Amphibian Plus Athletic Water shoesKenneth Cole New York Mens House Rules OxfordWesex Boots New Lace Up Knee Corium Boot High Heels Retro
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Alegria Gem Women's Mary Jane shoes
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Trespass Womens Ladies Mitzi Waterproof Walking Boots
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Top Moda Women's Cici-1 High Heel Lace Up Ankle Boots Platform Booties with StudsStacy Adams Men's Northshore Slip-On LoaferCoolway Women's Bring Boot BlackFranco Sarto Womens Gracious Flat Sandal
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
K-Swiss Mens Court Pro Ii Sp CMF Fashion SneakerRenben Womens Canvas Low Cut Sneaker Platform Lace Up Casual Solid color shoesJiYe Women's shoes Suede Classic Ankle Boots
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Adrianna Papell Womens Cassidy Flat SandalCambridge Select Women's Tweed Bouclé Lace-Up Knee-High BootMagnum Men's Stealth Force 6.0 WPI Tactical Boot
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Kenneth Cole REACTION Mens Indy Sneaker F Sneaker? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
PUMA Men's RS-100 CORE Sneakersshoes Artists Penny Loafer Cool bluee - MenTop Moda Women's Laser Cut Open Toe Short Heel Booties
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Reebok Womens Trailgrip RS 5.0 GTX Running shoesQupid Womens Roxbury-02 Fashion SneakerSakuraii Dun Women Wedding shoes Sweet Rhinestone shoes Princess Water Drill High Heels Pumps