– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Nike Men's Vapor Ultrafly Pro Metal Baseball Cleats USKMJBS-Spring and Summer Basketball shoes Men High Wear Anti Slip Comfort Breathable Students Black Forty-ThreeAdidas Originals Men's Superstar Sneaker SneakersAdidas X 16.3 Firm Ground Soccer Boots
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Delta Plus Miami S2 White Microfibre Slip On Steel Toe Safety Sneakers Trainers (US 3)
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Men’s Sports shoes, Spring Fall New Mesh shoes, Running shoes, Lightweight Casual shoes, Non Slip Wear-Resistant Sneakers
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Aerosoles A2 Women's Mid Range Dress Sandal BlackRuncati Womens Peep Toe Chunky Pumps Suede Blocked Buckle Ankle Wrap High Heeled Stiletto SandalsCharles by Charles David Womens Leslie Wedge SandalJOUSEN Men's Oxford Nubuck Style Business Casual Work shoes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Men's Casual Fashionable Ankle Boots High Top and(6cm) Taller Removable Height Increasing Insole (Warm Velvet Optional)Z.L.F Men's Business Oxford Classic Printed Tassel Short Faux Fleece Inside Formal shoesYVWTUC Male Sporting Basketball shoes Casual Sneakers Non-Slip
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
PP Fashion Men's Outdoor High Top Camouflage Trekking Hiking Boots Waterproof Walking shoes SneakersHAPPYSHOP Men's Suede Leather 2 Inch Height Increasing 5CM Elevator Martin Boots BlackZ.L.F Modern Men's Genuine Leather Modern Tuxedo shoes Lace Up Business Lined Oxfords
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | DKNY Womens Ester Velvet Pumps Mary Jane Heels? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
BOLUOYI 2019 High Heels for Women Sexy Women Pointed Toe Snake Skin Pattern Foot Ring High Heel shoes Pumps Sandals Sandals Womens Heel Wedge8 Inch Heel Sandal Women's Size shoes With Clear Straps (Clear Pink;11)Weatherproof Mens Luke2 Leather Closed Toe Ankle Cold Weather Boots
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Born Womens - Garren, Black, Size 10.0Men Hiking Sandals,Outdoors Closed Toe Hook Loop Mesh & PU Upper Adjustable Heel Strap Sandals,Walking shoes Summer Beach shoesKickers Mens Kymbo Brogue Tan Leather Lace Up shoes Size