– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Men's shoes Mesh Spring Fall High-Top Lace-up Sneakers Outdoor Hiking shoes Lightweight Breathable Comfort Light Soles Athletic shoes Light Soles Running shoes Fitness shoes PersonalityHUAN Mens Casual shoes Leather Low-Top Sneakers Flat Loafers Deck shoes Breathable Comfort Driving shoesNike Son of Force Mid GS - 615158021Casual shoes Men's Work Boots Low Top Lace Up Boot Suede Ankle Short shoes Oxfords Slip On Leather Upper Round Toe Outdoor
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Seychelles Womens BC Footwear Value
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Gentle Souls Womens Rory Slip on Mule with Tassel Sneaker
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Merrell Avalaunch Tough Mens Trail Running Sneakers shoesKenneth Cole New York Mens Abbott Lace Up OxfordDiadora Women’s B.Elite Wn Gymnastics shoes BiancoSummer Men shoes Designer's Genuine Leather Men Sandalias Sandal shoes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
shoes shoes Lazy shoes Driving Casual Men's shoes Leather Men's Peas shoes (color Treasure bluee, Size 43)Jack & Jones Stoke Mens Boots TanMen's Comfort Loafers Leather Spring Fall Summer Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Black Brown,A,46
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Naturalizer Women's Response Slip-On LoaferNichole Simpson Nicole Simpson Women's Slip-on Fabric Camo-Print Flat shoesColumbia Womens Redmond Waterproof-W Hiking shoes
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Adidas Womens PowerAlley 4 W Baseball shoes? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Altra Men's Instinct 3.5-M, Racing Red White, 8.5 M USPelle Moda Womens Ansley2-nu Dress SandalTINGLEY MB921B.13 16 Chevron Outsole Neoprene Boot with Fabric Liner Plain Toe, Size 13, Brick Red Brown
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
HXYOO Ballroom Dance shoes for Women Salsa Latin S01Laredo Women's Cora Western BootCasual shoes Men's Leisure shoes PU Leather Fashion Casual Lightweight Loafers Elastic Drawstring Rivet Decor Anti-Slip Round Toe Lace Up Outdoor