– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Skechers Mens Elite Flex - Lochbay SneakerASICS Mens Gel-domain 4 Volleyball shoesItasca blueff Creek Men's Striker Leather Trail Hiking shoes, 10 D US, Olive, Rubber OutsoleDockers Men's Geary Slip-On Loafer
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
ZLF Men's shoes Classical Leather Lace Up Oxfords Heights Top Ankle Boots for Gentlemen Breathable shoes
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Frye Women's Ivy Mule Sneaker
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Saucony Women's Guide 8 Road Running shoesSkechers Mens Relaxed Fit 360 Gander - Selmo Fisherman SandalLe Coq Sportif Alpha II Sport Sneakers Low SneakersDeer Stags Men's Times-Smith Plain-Toe Oxford shoes Black
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Caterpillar Men's Brady Mid Chukka BootLehigh Safety shoes Unisex Steel Toe Waterproof Mens LEHI006Adidas Men's Adizero 5-Star 5.0 mid Football shoes
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Nike Men's Air Zoom Pegasus 35 Running shoesAdidas Women’s Cf Advantage Tennis shoes WhiteVans Mens Graph Training Sneakers blueedarknavy 6.5
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Mark Nason Los Angeles Men's Culver Fashion Sneaker? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Joe Browns Mens Suede Desert Boots with Contrast LacesMen's shoes Casual Comfort Flat Loafers Driving Lazy shoes Spring Fall Summer Comfort Loafers & Slip-Ons Black Brown,A,36Skechers Mens SK64833 Larson Nerick Lace Up shoes
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Nike MercurialX Victory VI DF Indoor shoesMen Chelsea Ankle Boots,Leather Executive Zip Boots Comfortable High Help Ankle shoes Work Martin Boots Cowboy Biker Boots shoesCorso Como Womens Sunset Flat Sandal