– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Ailj The New Summer Sports shoes Korean Version Wild Platform shoes Platform shoes Heightening shoes Harbor Wind shoesRound Head Buckle Zipper Female Boots Long Tube Fang He Knight BootsGuilty Heart - Womens Retro T-Strap Teardrop Cutout Mid Heel Sandal - Comfortable Pump with Ankle Strap (10 M US, Blackwhite)Ollio Women's shoes High Heel Glitter Ankle Strap Sandal
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Ermonn Womens Casual Pointed Toe Loafer Cut Out Office Slip On Dressy Ankle Boots
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Imagine Vince Camuto Womens Dafny Heeled Sandal
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Touch Ups Women's Kennedy D'Orsay PumpBlowfish Rammish - Black (Man-Made) Womens BootsKeen - Women's EVOFIT ONE Water Sandal for Outdoor Adventures, Triple White, 9 M USWomen Winter Ankle Boots Fashion Cool Pointed Toe Low Heels Sequined Cover shoes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
T-JULY Women Ankle Wedges Boots Black Autumn Leather Short shoes Lady Party Platform Heels Lacing shoesMelissa Womens Believe Mary JaneKodiak Womens Low-Rider Chelsea Fashion Boot
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Dr. Martens Womens Athens Sandal SandalKENDALL + KYLIE Olea Pewter Multi Casual shoes Pewter MultiWomen's Latin Tango Dance shoes,Pure color Open Toe Soft Sole Performance Training shoes for Ladies Girls Daily Use
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Peerage FIC Kylie Women Extra Wide Width Slingback Comfort Sandal Brown 8? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Original Intention Women's Over The Knee Boots Peep Toe Zipper Burgundy Boots Big Size shoes WomenKEEN Women's pink City Slide SandalWomen's High Boots Fall Winter New Leather shoes Fashion Wedge Heel Plus Velvet Zipper Martin Boots (color B, Size 36)
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Report Womens Arcetia Fashion SneakerRampage Happy Women US 6 Black Wedge SandalDANDANJIE Ladies shoes Summer Comfort Sandals Chunky Heel Open Toe shoes Outdoor Fashion Walking Sandals for Casual